It's your responsibility to make sure you bring the correct documents on the day, as the ECS team can only issue an ECS card if all the right paperwork is in place.
Please ensure that you have the following documentation to present to the ECS team:
- ECS Card Application form, with all sections completed
- Copies of all qualification certificates, including apprenticeship papers and BS7671:2018 qualification, if held.
- Any references on company headed paper, confirming job title, experience and responsibilities. JIB apprentices will also need to have completed form JIB409
- A copy of your current health & safety qualification certificate, if you hold an ECS exemption (otherwise you will need to sit the ECS Health & Safety assessment on the day)
- Verified passport photograph (see ECS card application form, section 3)
- Photographic ID, i.e. passport or driving licence.
The ECS card that is awarded will depend on the qualifications and evidence that has been supplied as set out in our Grading Definitions document which can be downloaded from the JIB website.
Please check and carry out your responsibilities carefully - the ECS team will not accept responsibility in cases where applicants do not bring the correct documents to allow them to process their ECS card application or sit the Health & Safety assessment at the booked appointment.