If you meet the criteria for an ECS Installation or Maintenance Electrician cardholder and are qualified in the current edition of the Wiring Regulations, you can apply to become an ‘ECS Registered Electrician’.
We’ve introduced this new status to recognise those electricians who are not only qualified to NVQ Level 3, but also meet the latest British Standard (BS7671) for electrical installation.
If you’re working at this level, you should be proud of the time and effort you’ve put into your skills and professionalism so far. Become an ECS Registered Electrician and it will give you the status you deserve.
Why should I become Registered Electrician?
- Highlight your position as not only qualified to the industry-recognised Level 3 standard, but also the current Wiring Regulations
- Get a well-deserved endorsement for your professionalism and skills
- Stand out amongst your peers
- Be proud of the time and effort you’ve put into your training and development
- Increase your status and credibility in the industry
What criteria do I have to meet?
To become an ECS Registered Electrician you must:
- Meet the ECS gold card requirements for Installation or Maintenance Electrician
- Hold the current edition of the Wiring Regulations BS7671:2018
- Agree to a Code of Professional Practice – this is a short document that include rules on working professionally and responsibly, that you must agree to before you can sign up
- Agree to keep up to date with professional development, including the Wiring Regulations
What does it cost?
There is no ongoing subscription fee to become a Registered Electrician. Once you sign up you’ll be able to download a virtual card (via a smartphone) showing your Registered status – at no cost.
If you are an existing cardholder, a printed card – similar to your existing ECS card but showing your Registered Electrician status – will be available at a discounted price of £10 plus VAT if you would like one.
If your ECS card needs to be renewed, or you are applying for an ECS card for the first time, the Registered Electrician can be added to your application at no extra cost providing you meet the eligibility requirements. The standard fees for ECS card renewal or initial application still apply.
If you're an existing cardholder you can upgrade your card to include Registered Electrician, or include it when you renew.
If you don't yet have a card, apply for your card in the usual way and you can select Registered Electrician if you meet the eligibility criteria.
Go to MyECS to get started...